Email List

Watch Newscasts LIVEKnow Your Candidates Traffic Pay It ForwardTailgate PartyAuto MattersYou Made It

Forecast

Synopsis.......

A clear and cool start makes way for sunny skies and mild highs today. High pressure moves in and keeps things sunny and cool for the rest of the week. Halloween stays sunny during the day, and clear and cool overnight. ...

More...

Advertise with us!

KFDM :: Balk Talk Blog
Baby Talk

Baby Talk Gallery

Click here to see more Baby Talk photos!
A love that last forever - A Mother and Son
09/13/13

Where has the time gone? Where is my little baby that weighed 5 pounds 13 ounces?

My baby boy is now a strong and healthy toddler. He is running around and getting into everything.. and yes I must admit he has his own attitude.

My B.J. has tons of new sounds - a hearty laugh, a sneaky giggle, an angry cry... he even makes noise in his sleep. Just like his mom and dad... he snores (lol)

I guess what I am trying to say is that I know this time doesn't last very long... I am trying to take in every moment. His smile, his touch, his tears. I enjoy watching him grow and will never take that for granted. My BJ gives the best hugs! Being a parent is the most humbling experiences God gives us... I thank God everyday for my son and our family.

Baby and Family Expo... Let's Go!
07/30/13

It's so interesting how things get started... the whole reason I started Baby Talk was because I was pregnant. I thought it would be a great way to learn more about what my body was going through and what to expect once my bouncing baby boy arrived.

It's the same reason why the folks over at Cumulus started the Baby and Family Expo. Several employees were either pregnant or had just given birth. The expo is in it's third year and I encourage people looking to start a family, are pregnant or have a family to stop by on Saturday.

The Expo is free to the public and include seminars, vendors and health care professionals to answer your questions. Plus it has all types of fun games for the kids... including a diaper derby that starts at 12:00 and a fashion show at 1:00.

The Baby and Family Expo runs from 9-3 at the Beaumont Civic Center.

Should I be concerned?
06/19/13

I am starting to get concerned... BJ is very animated. He is also showing emotions through his facial expression. When he's hungry he makes a certain noise to let me know. When he does it I always say to him... are you hungry? Can you say hungry... but he never repeats.

At 15 months I think he should have a wider vocabulary than mommy, daddy, no etc. Am I asking for too much to soon. My mom said I was speaking in full sentences by the time I was 18 months.... but then look at the profession I grew up to love.

I think I need to take a deep breath and relax, it is going to be ok :-) ... I bet when he starts talking I will be the first to wish he had a smaller vocabulary (LOL)!

Swimming Lessons
05/23/13

I know we all want to give our kids the best start in life. Each day I try to think of ways to enhance my son's creative side.

I have noticed he loves the water and I want him to explore that passion, but I want to make sure he is prepared. I am going to enroll him in swim classes this summer because I feel it is never to early to start. I want him to be confident in the water. I plan to upload pics of BJ swimming in the near future... as soon as he starts his classes.

Daycare? I think so...
04/29/13

It seems everyone has an opinion but my husband and I are the ones who make the ultimate decision... hard decisions that will impact my son's future. At 13 months is it time for him to go to daycare? Have one on one attention from a nanny? Spend more time with his grandmother and great-grandmother?

I love that B.J. has so many family member who love him and want to care for him. We are blessed. Family is so important to me... but I don't want them to have to carry the burden everyday when my husband and I are at work.

I am leaning toward daycare... I hope to have him in a clean and education daycare within the next month or two. Wish me luck :-)

B.J.'s first haircut
04/04/13

I am so proud of my little man... not only is he walking and talking (he says a few words like mama, daddy, baby, uh-oh), but yesterday he had his first hair cut. My husband and I were more nervous then he was. He didn't cry or put up and fuss, and when it was over he checked himself out in the mirror (LOL).

B.J.'s Birthday Bash
03/28/13

I can't believe I survived (lol). B.J.'s first birthday was a huge success but a lot of work. We had a moonwalk/jumper, clown (face painting, ballons, and magic) and cotton candy and popcorn machines. There were about 100 people in our backyard. Did I mention the food... hot dogs, hamburgers, James Brown's Jazzy Potato Salad and Coleslaw, gumbo, spagetti, salad, cake, ice cream....

The funny part is I always said I wouldn't be one of those parents who goes all out for their kids 1st. birthday (lol) but it was worth it... I love the little munchkin and he had so much fun with his friends and cousins!!!

Family Support
02/27/13

Family! Having them is so fulling and rewarding.

My parents live in California but have traveled here several times since my son was born. They call and checkup on him almost every day and let us know they are here for us no matter what. They love being Grandparents.  

Thanks to my Uncle Wayne every couple of weeks we get a Macy's box in the mail. Inside are clothes and toys. In today's box were 5 new outfits, a jacket, and two stuff animals... all for BJ. In fact he has sent a box to us every month since we got married (and we celebrate or 2 year anniversary on March 25th) He's even been sending items on my wedding registry that I did not get.  

I married into a large family. My husband has four older brothers and two sisters. All of them have been so loving towards our son.

I can't say enough about his parents... My In Laws have been with us every step of the way. When my water broke... in the middle of the night... they made it to the hospital before we did. They share a special bond with our son.

BJ turns 11 months
02/15/13

For me... Valentine's day didn't just mark a day for hugs and kisses with my sweetie. It was also the day our son turned 11 months!!! I can't believe it. Time flies! Everyday B.J. is growing and learning... he is truly a blessing from God!

Family time
02/05/13

This weekend my husband and I took B.J. to Houston to my cousin Derek's house. Derek's little girl just turned one... so they are two months apart. It is so cute to see them play together because Derek and I are six months apart and played together all the time when we were that age. While watching them play, I realized just how much I hope they grow up to be as close or even closer than Derek and I. Family is so important to me... especially for my son.

BJ's Birthday Party
01/28/13

Ok... I know I still have almost two months to go... but I have been busy planning BJ's first birthday party. I am so excited!!! Although, I also don't want to be over the top... he is only going to be 1 and he probably won't even remember the day.

I have already rented a moonwalk and hired a clown to do ballons. We are working on a cirus theme so we need to get a popcorn machine. Ok... we'll maybe I am going over the top, but my baby only turns 1 once!!! Right???

It is just a matter of time
01/17/13

It is just a matter of time... BJ turned 10 months on the 14th! He is pulling himself up, crawling everywhere, and getting into everything! We are driving ourselves crazy trying to baby proof the house (something we should have done before he was born)

He loves it when I hold his hands and he walks in front of me... but he doesn't yet have the confidence to do it on his own. I can't wait to see my little man take his first steps... it is just a matter of time!

BJ is happy and healthy
01/11/13

My son is such a happy baby... he laughs all the time and especially enjoys his time with his dad. My husband loves to play games with him and teach him how to dance.

I took BJ for his 9 month checkup earlier this week. He weights 24 pounds!!! I actually thought he weighed a little more than that... but the good news is his checkup went great. He is a healthy baby and on the right track. I am so looking for to seeing his first tooth... and while he runs in his walker I can't wait to see him take his first steps with out it!

BJ's nine month checkup
01/08/13

Baby BJ has his nine month check up today! I am looking forward to seeing how much he weighs and how tall he is. At six months he was almost 19 pounds... I am sure he's close to 25 pounds now.

His little personality shines through more and more everyday... yesterday I put my hand up while I was talking and he did the same thing, it was so funny!!! I predict he will be walking within the next couple of weeks :-)

BJ's first Christmas
01/03/13

It was such a joy watching Christmas through my son's eyes. He was so excited to touch the Christmas Tree (although really he just wanted to eat the ornaments!) B.J. is now nine and a half months... it is hard to believe just how fast time flies. It seems like only yesterday we brought him home from the hospital.

I am looking forward to his nine month check next week. He still hasn't gotten his teeth in yet... I am wondering if that is because he was born six weeks early. He seems ready to eat solid food, but I feel like we should wait until he can chew. I look forward to hearing from his doctor on this issue. I will keep you posted :-)

Trick or Treat
10/18/12

I have never been big into Halloween, but now that B.J. Is here I am so excited. I bought his outfit a month ago and can't wait to put it on him. I never realized that having a child is like getting a new lease on life. You get to see things through there eyes, as they experience it for the first time! I am so thankful for my son and the joy he has brought to my life. I love you B.J. 

First Blog Post
09/25/12

I can't believe it!!!! My son B.J. Is already six and a half months old. He is the joy of my life! He is so full of life, energy and personality. It has been so amazing to watch him develop and grow, I had no idea how rewarding motherhood would be! When I hold him in my arms I imagine his first day at preschool, graduation from college, his wedding day... I have so many hopes and dreams for him. I pray he has a long and healthy life. One thing I know for sure is that his life... changed my life, I am a better person because of him... and for him!

Leave a comment

Local News Stories

Baby Talk: Oct 21, 2014

Baby Talk: Sept.23, 2014 - Post partum moms and health care

Baby Talk: Sept. 9, 2014 - Another royal baby on the way

Baby Talk: Sept. 2, 2014 - Budgeting for a new baby

Baby Talk: Aug. 26, 2014 - Which type of dental braces are right for your child?

Baby Talk: Mothers of Preschoolers (M.O.P.)

Baby Talk: Fun event at Art Museum of SETX for entire family

Baby Talk: Army doctor saves lives of mother, unborn child

Baby Talk: Unique playground lets special needs kids have fun

Baby Talk: Talking about teeth

Baby Talk: Library hosting milking demonstration

Baby Talk: Experimental treatment appears to help Louisiana child

Baby Talk: Kids learning to go green

Baby Talk: How to help Zoey Randall

Baby Talk: PA's Boys and Girls Club re-opens

Baby Talk: Discussing National Autism Awareness Month

Baby Talk: New recommendations for preeclampsia

Baby Talk: India celebrates eradication of polio

Couple discusses surprising birth story

Baby Talk: Viruses, inclement weather, and kids' health

Baby Talk: Supporting the Hope Center

Baby Talk: Discussing viruses

Baby Talk: Study discusses impact of breast milk on premature babies

Baby Talk: Girl loses battle to cancer, her fight for cancer research lives on

Baby Talk: Learn more about the Blue Santa program

Baby Talk: Kids write and illustrate book

Baby Talk: November 5, 2013

Baby Talk: Child safety on Halloween

Baby Talk: Jim Carrey publishes new children's book

Baby Talk: Discussing car safety seats

Baby Talk: New book about bullying

Baby Talk: Discussing car safety

Baby Talk: Mobile app to control kids' internet and video game use

Baby Talk: Making healthy choices during the school day

Baby Talk: Expo for couples planning a family, expecting a baby, or families with young kids

Baby Talk: Mixed martial arts classes for kids

Baby Talk: Discussing Legacy Community Health Services

Baby Talk: Theatrical camp available for kids

Baby Talk: Bacterial sinus infections

Baby Talk: Youth Revival

Baby Talk: Autism Symptoms

Baby Talk: New Ultrasound Machine

Baby Talk: Taking your child to the orthodontist

Baby Talk: Breastfeeding Benefits

Baby Talk: Flu Shot

Baby Talk: Your baby's teeth

Baby Talk: Support for your pregnancy