High pressure remains in control with mostly sunny skies expected for a good part of the day time hours. Highs today will warm just a few degrees from yesterday, to the mid 80's across the area. Mostly clear skies remain for tonight with our lows starting off tomorrow ...
Spirit Halloween Text Contest Rules
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the KFDM viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KFDM (the Station), Cellit, Spirit Halloween, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To enter, text SPIRIT to the short code 67336. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 67336 to cancel. Text HELP to 67336 for help. Entrants will receive up to 4 messages relating to this contest. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on October 8, 2012 ends at 10:00 a.m. CDT on October 26, 2012 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by Station by 10:00 a.m. CDT each Friday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) Each Friday during the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among valid entries, for a total of three (3) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next weekly drawing.
(e) All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Three (3) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive a Jumping Spider valued at $79.99 from Spirit Halloween at 4450 Dowlen Road in Beaumont, Texas. The prizes must be picked up by October 31, 2012.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification, at the time winners claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KFDM, 2955 I-10 East, Beaumont, Texas and on the Stations website at www.kfdm.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KFDM, 2955 I-10 East, Beaumont, Texas 77702 by November 30, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Cellit, Spirit Halloween accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.