Pay It Forward Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the KFDM/KBTV viewing area. Nominees must be individuals or families 18 years or older residing in the KFDM/KBTV viewing area. Entrants cannot nominate themselves, immediate family members, any person living with entrant, or any organization. Families are defined as one or more parent or legal guardian with one or more child residing in the same household. Nominees must not have received a prize from the Station within the past thirty (30) days.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations KFDM (the “Station”), KBTV, DuGood Credit Union, Love Productions, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per IP address. More than one nomination may be received per nominee from different entrants.
2. Log on to www.kfdm.com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, along with the nominee’s name, address, phone, age, and briefly describe how the nominee has “gone the extra mile.” No mechanically produced or completed entries will be accepted. By entering, entrants acknowledge that the nominee, not the entrant, is eligible to win.
3. The contest starts on January 1, 2015 and ends December 30, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. CT on Fridays between January 2, 2015 and December 18, 2015 to qualify for the biweekly judging. The Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
4. All entries will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of Station personnel based on need (34%), impact (33%), and newsworthiness (33%). Biweekly, one (1) winner will be determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion based on the criteria set forth above, for a total of twenty six (26) winners. The decisions of the judges shall be final. Remaining valid entries/nominations will carry over to the next bi-weekly judging. The judges reserve the right to not select a winner in the event sufficient entries are not received.
5. The entrant must appear on a segment which may air on the Station’s news programs to explain his/her nomination and reasons. The winning nominee must be willing to be featured in the news story which may air on the Station during the Contest Period beginning January 14, 2015.
6. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each of the bi-weekly winners will receive five hundred dollars ($500) in cash and will be featured during a segment which may air on the Station’s newscast. The value of such on-air appearance cannot be determined. The Station reserves the right to not air any “Pay It Forward” news segment.
2. The winners will be notified in person. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received by Station on the same day of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within one (1) day, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and San Antonio Television, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and San Antonio Television, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and San Antonio Television, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KFDM-TV, 2955 I-10 East, Beaumont, Texas 77702 and on the Station’s website at www.kfdm.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KFDM-TV, 2955 I-10 East, Beaumont, Texas 77702 by January 31, 2016.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC, DuGood Credit Union, and Love Productions accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
Ugly MugEnter to win an Ugly Mug from Rao's Bakery then watch The Morning Show Monday - Friday to see if you're a winner!
Summer Fun Mobile Scratch and WinPlay the Summer Fun Scratch & Win game! Looking for fun things to do this summer?
Don Henley's 'History of the Eagles' Concert ExperienceEnter to win tickets to see The Eagles live in Atlantic City on July, 17th.