A few light showers and drizzle possible tonight with a little better chance late Monday and Monday night as low pressure develops along front to our south. May actually see a few peeks of sun Tuesday and early Wednesday before we become overcast again. Rain chances return Friday ...
Contest Name Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the KFDM-TV viewing. Nominees must be individuals or families 18 years or older residing in the KFDM-TV viewing area. Entrants cannot nominate themselves, immediate family members, any person living with entrant, or any organization. Families are defined as one or more parent or legal guardian with one or more child residing in the same household. Nominees must not have received a prize from the Station within the past thirty (30) days.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KFDM-TV (the “Station”), Cowboy Silsbee, DDM Marketing, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per IP address. More than one nomination may be received per nominee.
2. Log on to www.kfdm.com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, along with the nominee’s name, address, phone, age, and briefly describe how the nominee has “gone the extra mile.” No mechanically produced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on January 28, 2013 and ends March 8, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. CT on Friday, February 15 to qualify. The Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
4. All entries will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of Station personnel based on need (34%), impact (33%), and newsworthiness (33%). A total of (5) five winners will be determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion based on the criterion set forth above. The decisions of the judges shall be final.
5. The entrant must appear on a segment which may air on the Station’s news programs to explain his/her nomination and reasons. The winner must be willing to be featured in the news story which may air on the Station during the Contest Period beginning February 7, 2013.
6. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each weekly winner will receive five hundred dollars ($500) in cash and will be featured during a segment which may air on the Station’s newscast. The value of such on-air appearance cannot be determined. The Station reserves the right to not air any “Pay It Forward” news segment.
2. The winners will be notified in person. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received by Station on the same day of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within one (1) day, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and San Antonio Television, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and San Antonio Television, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and San Antonio Television, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KFDM-TV, 2955 I-10 East, Beaumont, Texas 77702 and on the Station’s website at www.kfdm.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KFDM-TV, 2955 I-10 East, Beaumont, Texas 77702 by March 31, 2013.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC, Cowboy Silsbee, DDM Marketing accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
The Christmas Photo ContestEnter your favorite Christmas Photo and you could win a $500 prize pack including gift cards from these sponsors!
You Made It We Ate It Recipe ContestSubmit your original recipe here! You can enter once per day.
Cowboy TextDown Truck GiveawayWatch pro-football, look for secret word, enter to win!
The Ugly Mug ContestEnter daily to win an Ugly Mug!
Facebook Fan of the WeekEnter here for your Chance to be featured as our Facebook Fan of the Week!
No Text ZoneHelp make our roads safe and you could win prizes! Read the official rules