Forecast more >
Restaurant Report: April 4, 2014
KFDM News - Roaches, dirty dishes and no hot water were just a few of the problems inspectors found at Beaumont restaurants. We've got the highs and lows in this week's Restaurant Report Card.
We begin with Chicken Express on Highway 105. Inspector Scott found a dead roach in the refrigerator and other live and dead roaches throughout the restaurant. An employee had a towel hanging from a back pocket and an ice scoop holder was not clean. Both of which could lead to cross contamination. Also, no sanitizer was at the sink or on towels that were being used. And the food contact surfaces were in need of cleaning. Chicken Express on Highway 105 gets an 87.
Now onto Jack in the Box on Highway 105. Inspector Wilhelm found dirty dishes on the clean side of a drain board. Napkins were stored on the floor in a storeroom. However, napkins are required to be six inches off floor. Towels and soap were needed at the front hand sink. The area around the heating unit and in a between food preparation cooler and a food preparation table needed to be cleaned. And the area around both sides of a fryer as well as the floor needed to be cleaned. Also, the inside of the freezer and the microwave at the taco station needed to be cleaned. Jack in the Box on Highway 105 gets a 90.
Next, inspectors check out Luke's Ice House on Calder. The hot water knob in the women's restroom needed to be fixed. Dishes were not being sanitized properly. And, the top of the dishwasher needed to be cleaned. Luke's Ice House gets a 91.
And finally, an inspector visits Jo Jo's China Bistro on Dowlen Road. Inspector Scott found no cleaner in the wiping towels. There was no cleaner in the dishwasher. And the food contact surfaces needed to be cleaned. Jo Jo's China Bistro gets a 91.