Email List

Watch KFDM Newscasts LiveTraffic Pay It ForwardRecipesWedding ContestAround the Web
Advertise with us!

Forecast    more >



Its been a dreary day across SE Texas with plenty of clouds. Fog tonight with temperatures warmer than last night with onshore winds. Skies are cloudy across the region with southeast winds and higher humidity. Changes coming though as the nextf ront arrives Tuesday with a chance of rain and colder weather in time for ...


Washington Times

Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Police say father and daughter drowned, mother and wife says they were inseparable

BEAUMONT - by Haley Bull

Beaumont police released new information about the deaths of Legend Quinn, 3, and her father, Traveth Quinn, 31. Investigators said both drowned. Police are trying to learn the circumstances leading up to their deaths.

A Beaumont city worker found the pair in a foot of water Thursday in the wading pool at Alice Keith Park.

The mother and wife of the Quinn's said she knew they were going to the park, but not the pool. She said the deaths came as a shock, Legend and Traveth were inseparable.

"I know she was crazy about him and I know he loved her so much, he loved her so much," Lillie Quinn said. "He'd tell me I know God is real because I prayed for this and he gave me just what I asked for, my Legend, my lady Legend."

Quinn remembered her 3 year old daughter, Legend, as a little girl who loved to sing, loved to go to church and loved her dad.

"He loved her so much and she loved him so much," she said.

Quinn said the two always went to the park. She talked to her husband the morning of the drownings during her work break.

"It wasn't all that clear at first. So I can't say if he had a cry of distress when I talked to him because it wasn't clear," Quinn said.

She didn't know husband and daughter were going to the pool, but she did know they were going to the park.

"I know I heard him clearly say he was gonna take, he was going to the park with Legend. Told me he loved me. Told him I loved him," Quinn said.

She said her husband was energetic and passionate about God.

Investigators call the circumstances surrounding the deaths suspicious.

"I could see him being down and I know he's been down, hopeless, that I couldn't see," Quinn said.

Lillie Quinn said her husband had been unemployed for a few months.

"You never really know what's truly, truly, truly going down deep in somebody, you know. I know he wanted to help. I know he wanted to make things better," Quinn said.

Now, she'll wait for answers.

"I know whatever answer it is not gonna be good," Quinn said. "I mean there's no answer that could be good you know."

The one thing Quinn does know is she never saw this coming.

"This came to me like a rock falling out of the sky."

Investigators said the toxicology report could take 2-4 weeks.


Tonight on KFDM Channel 6

6:00 -
KFDM 6 evening news
6:30 -
8:00 -
48 Hours Mystery
10:00 -
KFDM 6 NEWS tonight

Complete Schedule »