Forecast more >
High pressure is building in from the north as another surge of cooler air arrives Friday. The coolest weather of the Fall season is expected Saturday and Sunday with the chance of some patchy frost in the Lakes ...
Electrical short sparks Beaumont house fire
BEAUMONT - Investigators believe an electrical short started a fire that damaged a Beaumont home early Monday morning.
Someone called 911 at about 2 a.m. Monday to report the fire in the 800 block of Stanton.
The man who lives in the home was able to get out before firefighters arrived.
Firefighters contained the flames to a bedroom and to the attic of the house.
They remained on the scene until 3:45 a.m. putting out hot spots.
The house received moderate smoke and fire damage.
The Red Cross is helping the family.