Forecast more >
Temperatures will be a little cooler tonight into Friday as weak surge of cooler air works in from the northeast. No rain is still expected through the weekend with our next opportunity for rain not until Tuesday as a cool front moves through.
Hunter burned when deer stand heater explodes
A deer hunter is fighting for his life after being burned by a 'propane heater.
Terry Hickman of Friendswood was trying to light the heater when it exploded and caught his clothes on fire.
A friend of Hickman said he then jumped 16 feet from the deer stand to get away from the fire. This all happened in the Roganville area near Jasper.
Hickman is currently in a Galveston hospital with severe burns to his face and hands and serious burns to the rest of his body.
One month ago today Hickman's father died of a heart attack on the opening day of deer hunting season.
This story comes from our media partner KJAS Radio in Jasper.