Forecast more >
Another quiet start on radar for our Tuesday. Highs today will again reach the mid and upper 80's across the area. We'll also keep a 20% coverage of showers in for today and tomorrow. A front on the way by Friday morning will up our rain coverage on Thursday and Friday to 50% and 60%. Saturday and Sunday look great with ...
Bernsen Law Firm releases statement about autopsy report
Bernsen Law Firm
Prior to Alfred Wrights body being found by family members, local members of law enforcement were quick to conclude that no foul play was involved. Unfortunately, the release of a premature first page of what appears to be an autopsy report is nothing more than a self-serving continuation of that rhetoric. Quite frankly the release of this Report raises more questions than it answers. For instance, if any member of law enforcement would have taken the time to interview the immediate family members of Alfred Wright, they would have learned that after only two days of Alfreds disappearance, Sheriff Maddox told family members that cocaine and methamphetamine were involved.
First, it is again extremely insulting to the Wright Family that they have to find out information concerning Alfreds death from press releases from Sabine County Officials. It is difficult to imagine why a single page of an autopsy report would be released or even prepared prior to the conclusion of what the Texas Rangers described as the investigation into the questionable death of Alfred Wright in a press release dated December 27, 2013. It appears as though local authorities in Sabine County, the same individuals involved in the search for Alfred Wright, were eagerly waiting to release this information regardless of any ongoing criminal investigation efforts. The Texas Rangers have explained to the Wright Family that their agency has not yet reached a conclusion and as a result, the contents of this incomplete report and specifically the manner of death is not being endorsed by their agency. It is very curious as to how this conclusion was reached, especially given the fact that the investigation is ongoing, and again would request that Dr. Lee Ann Grossberg be allowed access to the first autopsy photographs, toxicology report, and the final autopsy report information our law firm was promised access to by the Texas Rangers - so that she may continue her efforts to determine what truly caused the death of Alfred Wright. The front page of an autopsy report provides no details regarding what actually may have happened to Alfred Wright. The presence of drugs in Alfreds system fails to explain the very apparent signs of severe trauma found on his body.
It is also deeply concerning that a local member of law enforcement began communicating toxicological findings with the general public last week even though that same person told members of the Wright Family that no toxicology report was in existence.
Our office received a phone call yesterday around 4:30 p.m. from a Texas Ranger who specifically requested to speak to immediate members of the Wright family and asked for permission to search Alfred's struck - two requests the Wright Family has made from day one to law enforcement. It has now been 43 days since Alfred's body was found only about 150 yards from the rest of his personal belongings. It is deeply troubling and hard to imagine why law enforcement is all of a sudden choosing to engage in investigatory efforts - interviewing family members and performing basic property searches all of which should have occurred on day one.
Though our office sent pertinent information directly to the Texas Rangers, including a conversation with a young lady who indicates her friend was likely the last person to see Alfred alive, that Alfreds truck was smoking, and law enforcement should check ditches for his body the Rangers have indicated that they still remain unaware of such conversation.
The Wright Family, their friends and concerned citizens have asked us many questions we frankly do not have answers to.
1. Have the Texas Rangers interviewed Sheriff Tom Maddox concerning the relationship between Alfred and members of the Sheriffs family?
2. Why was Texas Ranger Danny Young not taken off the case due to his close personal relationship with Sheriff Maddox?
3. Why was Ranger Young on the scene before being officially requested by the Sabine County Sheriffs Department?
4. Have the Texas Rangers investigated the relationship between the CL&M store and the Sabine County Sheriffs Department?
5. Where is the missing video footage from CL&M?
6. When did the supposed drugs enter Alfreds body? Namely, before or after his disappearance?
7. Was Alfred held captive and tortured before the body was discovered?
8. Was Alfreds body moved back to the location where it was found and if not then why would Sabine County Law Enforcement not find the body which was less than 200 yards from articles of his clothing?
9. Why were Alfreds shoes, boxer shorts and one sock completely lacking mud or debris?
10. Why is Sabine County withholding the toxicology report in its entirety while the single page they have chosen to release makes reference to the toxicology report?
Our firm and other members of the community have urged the Wright Family to let the system work. Yet, these most basic and disturbing questions remained unanswered. The Wright Family, their friends and supporters from across the country seek justice for the death of Alfred Wright. The irresponsible production of a single page of appears to be an autopsy report prior to the conclusion of any meaningful criminal investigation will not stop the Wright Familys pursuit of justice.