Forecast more >
Nice afternoon with a couple of small showers as weak front moved back north as a warm front. Some fog again tonight but should be more low clouds as enough wind should keep the fog from being to widespread. An upper level disturbance will pass north of the area late tomorrow with T-storms in northeast Texas. Big question is will the ...
Vacuum cleaner linked to Macy's contract worker's burns at mall
Macy's has released the following statement:
"Macy's is obviously very concerned about the well-being of a supplier's employee who was the victim of an accident in our Parkdale Mall store. We wish her a speedy and full recovery."
A 39-year-old woman was transported with second and third degree burns after the cord shorted out while she was using a backpack vacuum cleaner around 11 a.m. in the Macy's store at Parkdale Mall, according to authorities.
The woman, a contract employee with Macy's, was using a backpack vacuum cleaner when the cord shorted out, causing her clothes to catch on fire, authorities stated.
Beaumont EMS treated her on the scene while Beaumont Fire Rescue set up a landing zone in the parking lot, authorities stated.
She received second and third degree burns and air rescue transported her to the UTMB Burn Unit, authorities stated.