Forecast more >
A weak cold front will move through our area tonight with temperatures a little cooler for Thanksgiving. A warming trend will begin this weekend with a slight chance of light showers Sunday.
Election identification certificate mobile stations coming next week
Election Identification Certificate Mobile Stations
The Office of the Texas Secretary of State and the Texas Department of Public Safety have joined in partnership to offer Election Identification Certificates (EICs) at mobile stations across the state. Election Identification Cards are available to qualified voters who do not otherwise have an approved form of photo ID for voting.
EIC applicants will need to bring evidence of citizenship and identity
To avoid confusion or delays, please review the list of required documents.
1. Birth Certificate
2. Marriage license
3. Divorce decree
4. Court ordered name change
The following is the EIC mobile station schedule for Jefferson County, Texas:
Thursday, February 27, 2014
Alice Keith Community Center
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Beaumont, Texas 77705
Friday, February 28, 2014
Port Arthur Public Library
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
4615 Ninth Ave.
Port Arthur, Texas 77642
The Texas Election Code 63.001(b) requires a photo ID in order to vote in Texas. The Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 521A and 37 Texas Administration Code, Sections 15.181-185, authorizes DPS to issue Election Identification Certificates.
A voter will be required to show one of the following forms of photo identification at the polling location before the voter will be permitted to cast a vote:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person's photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person's photograph
- United States passport