Email List
 

Watch Newscasts LIVEKnow Your Candidates Traffic Pay It ForwardTailgate PartyAuto MattersYou Made It
Advertise with us!

Forecast    more >

Synopsis.......

  

A dry weather pattern will continue for the next few days with below normal temperatures.  In fact, scattered frost can be expected Sunday morning over the Lakes Area.  A warming trend will begin early next week with a good coverage of showers and thunderstorms by the middle and later part of next week.

 

 

Lakes ...

More...

Washington Times

Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Fire destroys Beaumont family's home

BEAUMONT- by Haley Bull

A Beaumont family's house is destroyed after an electrical problem sparked a fire that destroyed their home.

"I heard a loud pop and I went outside and their house was on fire," Jennifer Chance, a neighbor, said.

Neighbors called 9-1-1 around 3:30 p.m. Sunday when they saw smoke coming from the house.

When firefighters got to the house in the 1300 block of Galway Dr., they found flames shooting through the attic.

"I heard what I thought was a large truck, you know how their horns honk, and I thought what is something like that doing on our street? So I ran out here and saw a fire," Eileen Slater, a neighbor, said.

It drew dozens of neighbors outside to watch as emergency workers tried to put out the fire.

"It was in the blink of an eye. It started out with just a little smoke and before we all knew it, it was on fire, the whole house was just engulfed," Bailey Hatcher, a neighbor said.

The fire destroyed the house the homeowners had just left.

"We just left an hour ago, everything was fine," Helen Tegbe said.

Tegbe and her fiancee, Robert Lee, got a call from a neighbor while out with visiting relatives and rushed back home.

"Just couldn't believe it. You know it was like a dream, you know, and I just couldn't really believe it," Lee said.

"I can't believe it, I just couldn't believe it," Tegbe said.

Investigators said they believe the fire started in the attic with an electrical problem. Flames spread and smoke and water damaged the rest of the house.

"It's completely gone, it's gone. But thank God that no one was inside, we all left together," Tegbe said.

The couple doesn't have a liveable house anymore.

"But you gotta remember it's just material things. These are things that you can always get again but you can't get a life again," Tegbe said.

First responders called the Red Cross to help the family.

 

Tonight on KFDM Channel 6

6:00
KFDM 6 NEWS AT 6
6:30
WHEEL OF FORTUNE
7:00
Undercover Boss
8:00
Hawaii Five-0
9:00
BLUE BLOODS
10:00
KFDM 6 NEWS TONIGHT AT 10

Complete Schedule »

Talkers