Forecast more >
The cool front has moved offshore into the Gulf this evening with drier and cooler air taking over tonight through the weekend. Lows will likely fall into the 40's by Saturday and Sunday mornings. No rain ...
Fire damages Beaumont home
BEAUMONT - Fire investigators say the cause of a blaze that damaged a Beaumont home Thursday is yet to be determined but they have a theory.
Investigators say a plumber was working earlier in the house in the 1300 block of Howell Street before the fire, and Beaumont Fire Captain Brad Pennison says he believes a spark from a plumber's welding tools may have smouldered after the plumber left and eventually caused the fire that spread to other parts of the home.
The owners of the house say they have not lived in the home for several months.
Investigators say no one was in the home at the time of the fire. The homeowners say they moved into another home down the street in September, but still had possessions in the home that caught fire.