Email List

Watch KFDM Newscasts LiveTraffic Pay It ForwardRecipesWedding ContestAround the Web
Advertise with us!

Forecast    more >



The showers have now moved to the east.  However, clouds will likely linger in our area Saturday and Sunday with cool temperatures.



Lakes Area Forecast.....


Tonight.....Cloudy.  Lows in the middle 40's.  Winds mostly northeasterly at 3-14 mph.  ...


Washington Times

Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Beaumont man sentenced to life without parole in capital murder case

A 32-year old Beaumont man was sentenced to life without parole in connection with a 2011 capital murder in the Avenues neighborhood of Beaumont, according to Criminal District Attorney Cory Crenshaw.

Gregory Adam George came into the back yard of Jose Morales in the 1300 block of Avenue E on April 16th, 2011, according to a news release.

Morales and a friend, Jose Sanchez, were sitting drinking a beer after having worked inside the house installing some crown molding.

George asked them for money and they both refused but did offer him a beer. George left but returned a short time later, armed with a black revolver and trying to cover his face with a cap. He immediately shot Sanchez, who survived, in the back. He fell out of his chair to the ground.

Then Morales was shot four times at point blank range, and George pulled Morales' wallet out of his pocket. He also tried to get Sanchez' wallet, but was unable to get it out of the pocket. In frustration he put the pistol to Sanchez' head and pulled the trigger three times, but the weapon had already been emptied.

George fled when he heard the sound of Beaumont Police Department sirens who had been called by Morales' wife.

Morales' wife had run out the front door and hid in the family truck with their children before calling 911. Morales was later declared dead at the scene, but not before telling his friend that he couldn't hold on any more. The father of five then asked Sanchez to "take care of my family".

During the course of the investigation several persons of interest, including George, were identified by BPD detectives. Several of them were eliminated by failing to match the physical description of the shooter, others by having a verifiable alibi. George provided statements that could not be verified by detectives, so the investigation narrowed and focused on him. After recovering from his wound, Sanchez was able to identify him out of a photo lineup, as did two neighbors who identified George as being in the area shortly before they heard shots fired. A former roommate of George came forward and told police that George told him he was going to do some robberies to be able to buy drugs. After the murder, George admitted to the same witness that he had "done the robbery, but not the murder".

George had previous felony convictions for Possession of Controlled Substance (two) and Evading Arrest. He was under Federal supervision for drug trafficking at the time of the murder. He will serve his sentence without the possibility of parole.

The trial took place over the space of two and one-half days under the supervision of Criminal District Court Judge John Stevens.


Tonight on KFDM Channel 6

6:00 -
KFDM 6 evening news
6:30 -
8:00 -
48 Hours Mystery
10:00 -
KFDM 6 NEWS tonight

Complete Schedule »