Email List

KFDM Newscasts LiveTraffic Pay It ForwardRecipesWedding ContestAround the Web
Advertise with us!

Forecast    more >



A cold front will work through the area tonight reinforcing the nice weather we've had lately. Dry northwest flow aloft will continue keeping the area dry for most of the week. Cool at night and mild to warm days are expected. The next upper system will reach the area next weekend.




Lakes ...


Washington Times

Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Father of child found dead in refrigerator says he hadn't seen her in two months

HOUSTON - by Malini Basu/KHOU 11 News and

The father of a 9-year-old girl whose body was found Monday in the refrigerator of an apartment says he thought his daughter was still alive.

Police were called to the Happy Home Apartments in the 10100 block of Club Creek around 6 p.m. Monday.

The neighbor told police he became concerned about the girl because he hadn't seen her in a few months. He said the front door was unlocked, so he went in to check on the girl, and that's when he found the body inside a refrigerator.

Paramedics arrived and determined the girl had already passed away, police said. Investigators believe the child had been dead for at least a month.

Homicide investigators obtained a search warrant and went in to look over the scene. Police said it appeared the apartment was lived in recently.

Armand Comb, the victim's father, said the last time he saw his daughter was about two months ago. The child, who had cerebral palsy and used a wheel chair, lived with his ex-girlfriend Amber Keyes, Comb said.

"Last time I saw her, she was looking good. It looked like she was gaining weight. Her cheeks were kind of fat. I would never, never suspect that," he said.  

Comb said he spoke to his ex-girlfriend Monday.

"She was talking like she was there with them," he said.

Now CPS workers have taken his second daughter.

"Hopefully she will come back home tomorrow, or go to my cousin's house," he said. "I just want to know what happened man, why?  I was right here I would've helped. I would've done anything."

Relatives said the mother turned herself in, but investigators would not confirm that information. It is still unclear how the little girl died.

CPS officials are scheduled to hold an emergency hearing for her younger sister on Wednesday.

This story comes to us through KFDM's media partnership with KHOU 11 News in Houston.


Tonight on KFDM Channel 6

6:00 -
KFDM 6 evening news
6:30 -
8:00 -
48 Hours Mystery
10:00 -
KFDM 6 NEWS tonight

Complete Schedule »